Thursday, November 17, 2022

November Recommendation: Crank

 













                                          There are numerous times I don't know in terms of movie wise I would be thankful for seeing in the month of November, or I'm not really in the perfect place to express my gratitude towards movies that nobody remembers. And for the last two years I was never quite sure on what would be the perfect genre to be thankful for in the month of November, that is until I started watching some great full throttle action movies that our in the range of ninety-minutes to two hours. But I never thought the day would come when I would watch one of the English great's Jason Statham's amazing film Crank. Now granted I've been familiar with the movie, but I was one of those guys that judges a movie and questions why the hell would you kill Statham he's un-killable, and that was until I had a different point of view about the movie.
                                          Chev Chelios (Jason Statham), a hit man wanting to go straight, lets the largest target slip away, then he awakes the next morning to a phone call that informs him he has been poisoned and has only an hour to live unless he keeps adrenaline coursing through his body while he searches for an antidote.
                                           I think the first scene of this entire movie where I was sold right on the spot was when Statham drove his car into a shopping mall without a care in the world even though he's talking to his doctor, and to be honest I was on my exercise bike because I thought that this was just some typical ninety-minute action movie but once he drove through a shopping mall I was like "oh shit, I need to stop what I'm doing" because in fairness I've never seen anything like this before mainly because I refused to watch this movie, so deep down what I'm trying to explain is that I've failed miserably at life which is the honest truth. Now as I've said many times before the things that make any type of bad movie genre funny is that there unintentionally funny, well this movie take the unintentionally funny, up to like maybe twenty to fifty notches and the fact that we have ridicule's scenes like Statham driving his car into the mall but also scenes where he's snorting cocaine in the shittiest bathroom at a biker bar on the ground, THEN proceeds to say "I'm going to kick some black ass" (for which I was shocked and thought DUDE, if this was made now it would of been canceled, despite Statham being British and his ancestors invented racism) in order to keep his adrenaline going, then in a later scenes robs a convenient store of its energy drinks and pills but most importantly shoves his taxi driver out of his cab and yells Al-Qaeda and two maybe three elderly women assault the guy MAYBE breaking his legs and it's like this was amazing. There is a lot of cringe scenes happening to the movie too like using a whole bottle of adrenaline, but that's all I'm going to say. Point being that this was one of the craziest movies I've ever seen to the point where I don't believe the writers and filmmakers, we're even going anything serious I truly believe they were so inspired by the Jackass franchise that they decided to make a movie out of this only to think of what crazy shit to do. Personally, I doubt this movie hasn't seen any cable networks as of now due to the world being stupid, but I would most certainly recommend watching this film if you have a sense of humor like me, furthermore this is hands down the best Jason Statham movie ever. 
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment