Monday, March 7, 2022

The Righteous Gemstones: Season 2

 














                             Finally finished season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones everybody, praise the Lord though in the right way possible. Danny McBride's surprisingly entertaining Show about the Megachurch family who are dysfunctional on one side but all heart on the other. And of course, I was excited for season 2 and really it didn't hold any disappointments well, maybe a few moments but will get those in a little later. This season I will admit they begin to explore more into Eli Gemstones past and how he became the Walt Disney of Televangelist. But most importantly we also get more Walter Goggins playing Baby Billy who I believe is always the best part of the whole show, but were going to have to leave it there, for now let’s explore more into the second chapter in the Righteous Gemstones.
                            Set two years after the first season everything is going swell, until a mysterious stranger (Eric Roberts) appears in Eli's life as well as a journalist (Jason Schwartzman) who’s on a quest to bring down Televangelists group. Jessie and his wife Amber decide to go in business with a televangelists couple from Texas, but things become complicated as dark forces begin to emerge and so secrets are beginning reveal themselves.
                            A side from the same format that's been used in the first season I like how this time we get to see more of Eli's backstory and how he first started out on different terms and then slowly rising to a Christian man moreover I like how we slowly get to see how he started out and not know the whole story behind his rise to fame. I will admit, I find it amusing how each of the three kids don't learn any lesson from which they've learned in their last season furthermore come up with more ways of doing something outlandish and stupid at time from which comes some great comedic work from Danny McBride. If there was one thing I would have to complain about the second season, is way too many d**k jokes which is funny for like the first season but if you keep doing it more it just loses it touch and even I was predicting one of those jokes in the last couple of episodes and I was thinking to myself "I f**king knew it" which is like I get most grown men like d**k jokes because of size but 95% of the men population don't want to have that image stuck with them forever. In all honesty there's not a whole lot to say about the latest season because everything works in the best way possible the children have a great chemistry throughout the season and Walter Goggins does a great job as always playing a southern hillbilly, for which I feel bad for him because that's honestly the only thing he can do better or a short way to describe it he’s as always typecast. I would highly recommend this show though I would only have to watch this show once because this is one of these shows were I can say enough is enough.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment