Thursday, March 3, 2022

Dog

 














                              I never thought in a million years I would ever again express so much emotion, especially when it's a Channing Tatum movie for which he co-directs as well as stars in the movie along with a very cute Dog. I can say and understand that sure women can get emotional when watching the movie Titanic or any Nicholas Sparks movie, well me it’s usually films about Dogs and I've had my fair share of crying when it came to Where the Red Fern Grows and Marley and Me and I've said to myself I would never want to experience that kind of pain ever again, because in fairness I'm a Dog lover and who isn't right? Well, unfortunately my loving and adoring parents wanted me to experience this movie for which I warned them about the last time this happened but with good graces my Mom told me that the Dog doesn't die. And I'll admit I rejoiced to that and I should let you all know that no Dogs died on screen nor in the story, so in case your all worried about that, but I can honestly say that I never expected what the story had for which made it amazing and again made me express all of my emotions via crying, so this may be difficult for me to type this review so let’s talk about Channing Tatum's hands down best movie ever.
                              U.S. Army Ranger Briggs (Channing Tatum) is tasked with bringing Lulu, a Belgian Malinois Military working Dog, down to the Pacific Coast from Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington to Nogales, Arizona in time to attend her handler's funeral. Along the way, Briggs has to come to terms with his post-traumatic stress disorder as well as his difficulty with making emotional connections.
                              Now before I begin this review I will give a shout out to my Mother for wanting me to go see this, and also my Dad too, because in all honesty they're really the main reason of my love for different kinds of movies. I will say that this was one of the best movies and best performances by Channing Tatum, for which I find weird in finally saying something of that when it comes to Tatum's career, because really when it comes to Tatum's filmography is really, well let’s just say that the man doesn't make good choices in life but yet for some he's still to this day not making good choices because he's in a upcoming film with Sandra Bullock. But I guess sometimes fate would upmost show the best in people and goes to Tatum who co-directs this great movie as long as stars in the movie, really does a fantastic job playing a character that's suffering from PTSD moreover doesn't really know how to express emotions as well as getting along with people, and yet along comes this cute Dog whose also suffering from PTSD as well and yet the two of them share great chemistry as well as some pain and suffering they've endured through their times in the Army and through the course of the movie I've begin to understand these characters moreover did my heavy share of crying near the end of the film because, well I don't suffer from PTSD but I can honestly say I began to relate to them in a sense that even I as well have a hard time expressing my emotions as well as having a hard time getting along with people and this movie really moved me in saying that there is still love in the word as well as nurturing the hope for humanity even though it’s hard to find. And the way Tatum and his fellow director Reid Carolin are able to do, is introduce two unique characters who have the same mental disorder from their time in the Army and through the course of the story tell this story of friendship and trying to find love in happiness in a time when there is not a whole lot to find in the world. Moreover in a way when things that are happening today with all of the war and Invasion that's going on as well as the end to the pandemic, it’s nice to watch film that shows us all that there is still a hope for humanity after all, you just have to find it in the most strangest ways possible. I will put a stamp of approval and say that Dog is without a doubt, one of the best movies I've seen this year and Channing Tatum's best performances/movies he's ever done in his whole career. I would highly recommend watching this amazing movie but I would also recommend bringing a box of tissues to the theater.            

No comments:

Post a Comment