Sunday, February 6, 2022

Gone With The Wind

 














                             Since we're literally in the month of February and we all know that that means ladies and gentlemen, and if you don't then its best you don't. It’s of course the day of Cupid crushing hopes and dreams which I'm about to do with one movie I consider in my book as one of the worst movies of ALL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME. And yes, you can say that this movie has its ups, a side from the beautiful scenery and directing along with some great actors with Clark Gable and Hattie McDaniel being the first African American to win the Oscar. Now, I myself can accept those accomplishments, BUUUUUUUUUT, it doesn't change the fact that this film has one of the worst characters/actresses in Vivien Leigh playing the biggest B***H in the history of cinema, that just made me not love this film at all, and let’s not forget that I must sit through her B***h tantrum FOR 4 F**KING HOURS. And what really pisses me off is that I still have this piece of s**t of a Blu-ray in my house even though I didn't know how this movie was going to go but, I must keep this movie as a reminder of my mistake.  
                            Basically, set in the Confederacy of America aka the South. Where the midst of the Civil War is about to break, Scarlett O'Hara spoiled her whole life treats people like dirt through the course of her life tries to be redeemable but still treats people like s**t.
                            To start off this psychological abuse towards this film I need to state that this movie poster should be consider fraud because that's not how this film goes if you think that these love birds live happily ever after, both Gable and Leigh start off by hating each other then she tries to save him then the sort of fall in love then Gable comes to realize horrible of a human being Scarlet was. Now I'm not taking away from the fact that this was a perfectly directed film along with some great actors out of Clark Gable and Hattie McDaniel being the first African American actress to win the Oscar, moreover, let’s not forget that this was 1939 so that's something special. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, it still doesn't change the fact that this abomination consists of two things one, Vivien Leigh's acting whom I still to this day think of her as the worst part of this movie furthermore her and her character who through the course of the entire film just wanted Ashely Wilkes baby, though he has tremendous sense to say no your crazy I don't want you to have my baby, but then she marries his brother instead just to despite him. Now granted I stopped 2hrs and 41 minutes of this trash of a movie because I couldn't stand Scarlet's bewailing and whining throughout the movie, but what really makes me mad about this movie is that she doesn't have a come to Jesus moment, ever like she believes she learned her lesson but she in all honesty she never truly did, but again this was a four hour movie and I stopped watching because I was tired of Scarlett's s**t. The other thing I don't like about this movie is the fact that this movie was set in the confederacy's point of view, the very people who were supporting slavery at that time, and if your think that I would follow a these characters that support the worst thing in American history, your dreaming I mean it’s like trying to create a love story set in Nazi Germany during WW2 and there trying to make me feel for those characters despite the fact that they were responsible for the Holocaust. Now deep down I'm not taking away from the groundbreaking achievements but in the end, Vivien Leigh destroys this movie for her character being such a horrible person in movie history, and the fact that no one not even some of my parents or aunts can explain to me what makes this film amazing just makes it even worst. So, since where living in a cancel culture I personally demand that this film needs to be banned from American Cinema well maybe revised it and cut Scarlett out whichever comes first would be better for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment