Saturday, February 12, 2022

God of War: Ascension Replay Review


 










                              
                                Decided to go back to in amazing game created by PlayStation, this was one of the first of many games, that I can point at and name as one of the greatest games ever. Way back in 2007, 300 became one of the most amazing movies about Greek Mythology that I couldn't believe would be toped in futures to come. I now admit when I say that I was wrong moreover talking out of my own ass because after discovering God of War during the time the third installment, I now understand that all the Greek Mythology films that were coming big during the mid and late 2000's, those have nothing compared the God of War game series. Luckily, I like to start game series from the very beginning with the prequels of all prequels God of War: Ascension.
                                The game basically sets after Kratos breaks his oath with the God of War, now captured by a group of Furies who are Guardians of Honor. Now the Ghost of Sparta must fight his way out of his blood oath in hopes of breaking free from the God of War.
                                There's really not a whole lot to say but other than, if you grew up with a PS2 and played the very first God of War is of course would defiantly be the game for you and sure even those this of course following the trend where they create a successful game and then finishing them in three chapters but want to go back and create more stories for which I always find weird because why can't you think of this before but in all fairness I would be nitpicking so deep down WHO CARES! The gameplay is always amazing when it comes to the God of War games and it still is to this day because it’s nothing, but hack and slash then do a few puzzles to complete your quest and sure it’s different since they've reinvented the franchise with a different mythology, but I always loved stepping back into the world of Ancient Greece. I will admit I was really off my game when playing Ascension which is weird because when I play the other versions I knew how to work all the puzzle's and combo moves from the past games and it was a piece of cake but with this game I was completely off my game by dying all the time and not remembering some of the puzzles and it wasn't all pretty for which took me a long time to finish it, but in all fairness I haven't played this game in quite a while so that explains why I was off my game with this one. Now after finishing this game, I have to say it does feel sad that the Greek Mythology is officially a thing of the past, but in all honesty, this was worth the time going back and playing this great PlayStation series. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment