Friday, September 3, 2021

Capone

 













                            I'm going to be brutally honest with you when I say this, but I did not expect what I witnessed when watching this latest film of the legendary gangster Al Capone, I honestly didn't think this was going to turn into what I thought it would be which is where going through the rise and fall of Al Capone with Tom Hardy at the helm. Unfortunately, this turned into the last furthermore his final days of his life and sorry not sorry about spoilers his health was going down the crapper and not figuratively more literally if you know what I mean. But I'm not going to lie when I say this in case I'm repeating myself I really thought this was going to be like Legend the last Mob movie that Tom Hardy did, regrettably this is just in hour and forty-eight-ish minutes of a great actor like Tom Hardy playing a Al Capone just a few maybe weeks till he kicks the bucket. Now god bless my aging Uncle right now whose living in a retirement home, who is down syndrome and has Alzheimer's disease and deep down watching this all the way through it felt like watching my uncle whom I had to help my mom and dad take care of furthermore not that I'm complaining but if I'm really interested in watching that last moments of a person's life I would just live them right now, instead of watching a man like Al Capone in his final days coming to an end.
                          So as I said before the film is about the final days or maybe months to Al Capone finally kicking the bucket while have some subplot points where the FBI doesn't believe he's dying and Capone is having hallucinations of his past. That's pretty much the plot so, yeah.
                          Now having not realized what this movie was, I guess it wouldn't have been fun then I thought. And I know that your all going to look at me like what is this person talking about but deep down I thought this was a laughable movie about a man's final days and Tom Hardy chewing the entire scenery up to where the entire movie set is no more and let’s not forget shitting his own pants and while in the bed. But what also makes this film kind of funny is that there few moments where I'm getting a lot of Fight Club, to where everything is not real especially Matt Dillon's character in which I don't even know why he's in it at all for only reason I can think of right now is that he believes in his own mind that he's tough and wants to proof that to the writer/director of the movie but will get to him in a little bit. Then there's the side plot of the story where the Feds are tapping into Capone's phones because they believe that he's faking it for some bizarre sense moreover they know he's hiding a big stash of money somewhere and they want to find it and granted Capone has done some horrible things but he's dying! Furthermore the fact that they don't believe is somewhat laughable because well the Feds work for the government and no doubt stupid but holy crap if you haven't seen this guy's condition I would of been that guy to just say "THE MAN IS DYING YOU MORONS, GET A GOOD LOOK AT HIM BEFORE YOU THINK OF ANY THING IDIOTIC, JUST LET THE MAN DIE IN PEACE AND LET GOD DECIDE OF HIS FATE". And in all honesty if or FBI can't understand that concept then there's a good reason why our country is not in the best condition for many reasons we have way to many stupid people who I believe need to leave in stay in Antarctica. Now in my honest defense what I didn't expect in finding out is that the director of Capone was none other than Josh Trank aka the director of Fan4stic who I may have heard that he was high while making Fan4stic, in which I was blown out of my mind when I found out because I didn't realize he was getting more work, though I applauded him when it came to making a different type of gangster movie and giving me a few laughs along the way. Now was this a movie that should have been made. No, for many reasons but this is one of those films that was completely unnecessary to make because nobody wants to see a well-crafted actor like Tom Hardy shit himself on screen, but it was also Lawrence Bender aka Quentin Tarantino producing buddy through Quentin's earlier films, to even give a guy like Trank money to make this film happen in the first place but on a positive spin to this it was amazingly funny to watch, just to see Hardy chew up the entire film set. So, if you want to have a laugh I would highly suggest watching Capone but if you don't want to that completely fine, but as the Blu-Ray copy that I have well, at least it’s going to stay in a special place with the first two Black Scorpion films as it should or if not I'll secretly build an Ark of the Covenant.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment