Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Solar Opposites

 





                     I'm a huge fan of Rick and Morty furthermore hearing about Justin Roiland's latest show on Hulu, I admit, I really wasn't quite sure on what to think of this show but after watching the first season I have to say that this was great entertainment moreover I think this is one of the many shows to get me through this insane asylum I call the pandemic. Now keep in mind this show is insanely dark, and I'm not afraid to admit that this is really my kind of humor along with shows like Rick and Morty, South Park and the Simpsons although I will say the Simpsons is a more dry sense of humor. But listen, I was forced in my own free will to be staying in doors to avoid people, our American Government took my sports away from me so in retrospect I shouldn't be judged when it comes to my sense of humor. So, let's talk about Solar Opposites.
                    The show centers around a group of aliens from outer space, after their planet was destroyed, they set a course for which leads them to earth. Although they decide to adopt earth as their home, doesn't stop them from being the sole problem and causing way too much chaos on the Earth.
                     Justin Roiland one of the creators of Rick and Morty is actually both a writer, an animator moreover a voice actor as well, for which explains it due to his way of providing voice for both the main characters in Rick and Morty furthermore when I heard that I said to myself that this guy is a genius if he's able to talk to himself a lot. Also, the guy attended a Junior College, so I must give that man great credit because I also attended a Junior College as well but of a different State/Town. What I like most of Roiland's comedic work is that he's more of a rambling dark sense of humor that's really doesn't make sense at all, but yet it feels funny because deep down I kind of say some of the same nonsense that really doesn't make sense either so, either way it’s nice to see a show that has your own taste in comedy. Bottom line what really makes this show amazing is that both Roiland and his co-creator Mike McMahan is that they use story elements from the past sitcoms furthermore actually admit the fact that everyone on earth doesn't really care of the fact that aliens are living amongst us which leads them throwing away all logic and doing whatever they want when it comes to storytelling. So, all jokes a side, if you’re a fan of Rick and Morty like I am then this is a show for you without a doubt, if you haven't seen Rick and Morty or Solar Opposites than I highly recommend this show for you though keep in mind that this is a dark show so be aware of what goes on in the show, but on the positive note I actually got my Dad into watching one episode of Rick and Morty so hopefully this will be a show for him as well, fingers crossed.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment