Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Star Wars: Squadrons

 










                              Finally got a chance to play a game of my choice. Since we're still not able to purchase a Playstation 5 for which makes me mad still. Although Star Wars games are always my go to game of choice and since we get to fly in any New Republic starfighter or Imperial fighter as well, I just must play Star Wars Squadrons and talk about it. During my entire childhood it was mostly consisting on Star Wars since the Star Wars Prequals were ruling the theaters via 1999-2005, and I personally know my mom wouldn't let me play games like God of War or Grand Theft Auto III at the time I figured I spend more time and play anything Star Wars. Even Though I still to this day have some great gaming memories from my Playstation 2 years (for which I still do ever since I bought a PS2 wireless controller for my ps2) with games like Star Wars Bounty Hunter and Star Wars Battlefront and its sequel. But I don't know what else can make you cry with tears of joy than flying your own starfighter. Although flying the Millennium Falcon would be nice but I think Battlefront 2 on the PS4 already accomplished that dream so, yeah, I got nothing as of right now so let’s talk about Squadrons.
                            Star Wars Squadrons takes place after the events of Return of the Jedi, for which follows two groups of Squadrons, Vanguard Squadron of the New Republic, and Titan Squadron of the Empire. Each of the squadron has their personal goals moreover their personal vendetta's. Although with the Galaxy on the line only one can be left standing.
                            I must admit, I was a bit uncertain on what I was going to think about playing this since its basically first person-flight simulator. But with the easy mode I have to say I had a blast playing the game from start to finish. And nag all you want I want to at least enjoy playing a video game and, I have a life of my own furthermore I get frustrated when I die every hour on the hour. So deep down if you play on hard mode, I won't judge you on how you play your game. Unlike past Star Wars games that had the flight levels especially the Star Wars Battlefront 2 games both on PS2 and PS4 versions they both are enjoyable and really fun to play, but what really makes Squadrons fun to play is that it makes you feel that you’re the cockpit of a X-Wing fighter or a Tie fighter moreover helps you get comfortable with the control panels furthermore how to take down your enemy, now I usually don't want to call favorites but really hands down I do love flying the X-Wing and TIE's for many reason's the controls panels are simple and really I'm not much for help I like to at least do stuff on my own when it comes to getting my own ship back to health the way it needs to be. The story line is okay I personally didn't think it was all great since we're creating stories during the New Republic era, I figure at least there doing something from scratch. A side from the story line I kind of wished we at least have more personality with your own character, even in the cut scenes when your just talking to your squadron and they're just sharing their point of view but yet you don't get to say anything in return, that's kind of the thing that bothers me a bit when it comes to first person shooters your character is always the silent type. All and all, I thought this was a fun Star Wars game from start to finish furthermore up there in the top four PS4 Star Wars games of all time along with Fallen Jedi Order and Battlefront 2. So, if your one of us that still doesn't have a PS5 thanks to your own government screwing up the world at least Star Wars Squadrons will keep you entertained in hopes till July or December. 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment