Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Ghost of Tsushima

 





                      


                            I wasn't all big in terms of Samurai films, though I do love the movie the Last Samurai, but I'm talking about old school Japanese Samurai movies they made back in the sixties and seventies. Mainly is because I'm very slow when it comes to looking at the subtitles and then admiring the great imagery, sorry but I can't help the fact that I'm ADD. But with this epic game only on the PlayStation furthermore developed by Suckerpunch.  This one actually captured my imagination moreover really felt emerged into the world of 13th century Japan, so if you’re not a big fan of the old school Samurai films I would highly recommend playing this groundbreaking game, because let’s face it, this maybe a long year of the lunatics' so we might as well make the better of it when it comes to gaming especially with this one being an open world game.
                         Jin Sakai goes on in journey of self-discovery after witnessing the brutality and ruthlessness' the Mongolian Empire wages on the countries they conquer. Trained as a Samurai his whole life, Sakai begins to see that the shogun code won't be enough to save his people from the savagery the Mongols use. With the help of some unlikely allies he comes to trust, Jin begins to use tactics that can possibly help his people defeat the Mongol Army. But shunned by the Shogun code moreover is Uncle, Jin must decide whether to follow the Samurai way or become the Ghost of Tsushima.
                        Hands down, this is one of the greatest Samurai games ever developed from the gameplay to the look and feel of medieval Japan, the game itself makes you feel like you’re a true Samurai warrior. Furthermore, the fact that I could go through all parts of the island fighting Mongols with different styles of Samurai swordplay is amazing such as I can deflect arrows ignite my sword on fire shot an arrow at a bee hive so it can kill some Mongols then I'm sold for that in about 2 seconds. I love the fact that we dive deep in the psychology of a Samurai, sure we always view them as this indestructible warrior with no emotions but what happens if you've witness the monstrosity and brutality your enemy shows on the battlefield, and that's honestly what got me intrigued in wanting to play this game because of the concept of a lone Samurai realizing that the ways of the Shogun warrior isn't enough to stop the Mongolian Invasion and through the course of the game you can find some new and unique ways to stop your enemies, which as always is cool to accomplish. The other thing I found amazing about the game was that it was based on historical events, so I got to give the developers credit going into the history books and picking out time in the history to when this event happens, and personally I think that if you want to do a historical fiction game you should take a note in Ghost of Tsushima because let's be honest here Hollywood pretty much killed that hopes in making movies in Ancient times or Medieval times. I think the minor pet peeve I have about the game is that whenever I decide to put a mask on or any kind of helmet it suddenly disappears when it comes to the cut scenes, which to me is kind of pointless to even have a mask because then it just suddenly disappears for some reason. For which again, is just a minor gripe so nothing that serious, moreover I still love the open world genre when it comes to games but it's still a pain in the ass of once you finally beat the game you still have more land to cover which is uh, especially when you have to do a side quest in taking a bath for some reason and yet that's something I can't really wrap my head around but hey, thank God for the easy mode right? So, yes, I'm sure the PS5 is going to be on everyone's Christmas list but for those who can't afford to buy one I would highly recommend the Ghost of Tsushima, it's one of the greatest Samurai games ever and you'll defiantly get your money's worth with this game. Also, I'd rank this up there with God of War and Uncharted in the top three video games of all time that and, well I'll have to work on Assassin's Creed but for now those three are among my top three favorites.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment