Monday, October 5, 2020

Friday Night Lights-Season 1

 





                     

                      You know that feeling you have deep inside where you realized that you have just when down the rabbit hole of insanity in your life. Well, this is officially, the lowest point in my life, when it comes to watching TV shows. The show I'm referring to is Friday Night Lights. And sure, I would think that this would be in terms a long and slow show with some good acting behind Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton but really hearing the young supporting cast is like a nail on the chalkboard plus having to scream into a pillow. Though yes, I'll admit this, is what teenagers usually act like just dull and has self-esteem issues, but holy crap can we at least give these kids so sense of humor at least especially when the first season consist of twenty-two episodes, TWENTY-TWOOOOOOO EPISODES, DEAR GOD. I even had to look on Wikipedia to see what happens in the next seasons and I had to decide for myself to get rid of this show once I passed through the last few episodes of the season and to be truthfully honest I can't even fathom the sheer number of people out there that consider this an amazing show to watch, but hey, we've all been addicted to shows like the O.C. and Smallville so I can't honestly complain about that. Anyway, let's talk about this train wreck that everyone loves.                                                                          Coach Taylor (Kyle Chandler) is the newly appointed coach for the Dillion Panthers HS Football team, a side from the town being double religious with their Panthers football, tensions begin to bloom when his star Quarterback is paralyzed after a tackle he made, along with training a young quarterback Matt Saracen the whole season becomes a long journey of getting to know his own players along with having to share their own pressure of being perfect.                                                                                       Okay, so once I finished the first season, well to be truthful I had to skim through the last episodes because it was really making me feel depressed on life. Though during watching the final episodes I had to go on Wikipedia and see what happens in the last seasons and I was just thinking to myself that's it I got to stop and sober up because this is so bad I have get this out of my mind, so thankfully I've been clean and sober after erasing this show out of my watch history.  I have no doubt Friday Night Lights is a great read moreover planning to read in the near future, but part of the problem I have with the concept of how big High School football is in Texas is just beyond my grasp of seriousness, for example the movie Hoosier to me make sense a side from the fact that Indiana is really the Basketball state of America, but it was also set in the early 1950's so obviously it makes sense to me that all of the townspeople is super religious in their Hickory Basketball since there really nothing to cheer for well, maybe they had College Basketball but I doubt it. But when it comes to Friday Night Lights, you can't possibly tell me that your super religious on High School football when there's College Football going on or hopefully the Cowboys are on a winning season or Texans as well, I mean stuff like this I find hard to believe no one would be talking about College or Pro Football. The love triangle between the star quarterback, Minka Kelly and Taylor Kitsch is just unbearable, and I get it Kelly's character is at first a disillusioned girl who hopes to get married because she believes her boyfriend is going to be a star but doesn't go well, so she starts to hit on Kitsch's character and then a fraction emerges once the secret comes to light between Kelly and Kitsch. But then hey, all ends well with Scott Porter (the star quarterback) who’s now paralyzed during the show gets back with Kelly only to at that last part of the season cheating on her with another woman, which is like mother of providence this show would be better off if this was on the soap opera channel. Strangely I kind of like the character of Matt Saracen whose bit of a loner and has his own personal flaws, such as taking care of his grandma moreover being the man of the house while his father is in Iraq, but can we at least give him at least a personality, meaning I would rather have the character not be so consumed with peer pressure and at least stand up to Coach, because even when he tries to be the big man on campus or having a chat with coach it just makes me want to scream out loud for having to see that. So look I should probably keep going but the more I talk about this show the more I want to scream in a pillow, bottom line the show itself launched some notable actors like Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton, moreover Taylor Kitsch, Minka Kelly, Adrianne Palicki and most notably Jesse Plemons who played Kevin Weeks in Black Mass for which that's how I recognized him during the show. But to be brutally honest this is one of these shows that I can't even bare to keep going furthermore this show made me depressed to even watch again, so do yourselves a favor and just avoid this show because you yourself will be depressed once you finished the first season, so now that I finally got this out of my system I'm going to sober up and find something else to watch that doesn't consist of both football and soap opera combined.
 

      

                  




No comments:

Post a Comment