Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Tekken 8

 














                                 

                                 So, in my usual sense of boredom I decided to expand my horizon's and after my review of my favorite B-movie film Tekken, along with famous actor Brian Cox giving me a full story of the Tekken universe I decided to take a leap of faith and purchase the latest Tekken game that just came out Tekken 8. To be truthfully honest I'm going through a strange phase in my life where I wanted to try something new and different and I guess with watching the Tekken movie again last year, I just decided to purchase the latest Tekken, mainly because I thought why not but most importantly, I have a sense of boredom and wanted to see if this game was worth the effort.  
                                 The premise of the game's story mode is just simply the final confrontation between a father and son who share the same Mr. Hyde. While one wants to dominate the whole of Earth as we know it while the other wants to break the shackles between father and son.
                                  Now granted I'm a full on Mortal Kombat junkie, and I played the old school Street Fighter for which I love because it reminds me growing up, played a little bit of DOA: Dead or Alive for which is literally on the meh side, moreover I played a little of the old school Tekken and wasn't all impressed but once I played Tekken 8 I somewhat felt intrigued of the game play through the course of the story mode. And granted I haven't played all the games to Tekken but with the help of the creators of the game and Brian Cox I really didn't need to play the predecessors, upon which helped a lot because once you play the story mode of Tekken you get a story recap from the previous games. For a Tekken newbie this was one of those games I'd admit I wished, I would have played more of these games but in my naïve state of mind I would never quite understand the whole concept, so either way I doesn't matter what matters is, is that I'm sold onto the Tekken universe no matter how weird or confusing it gets. A side from Brian Cox gave me a full premise of the story, but what really sold me into the game was its epic clash between father and son fights. It was like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars meets any Bruce Lee films. Strangely I've been quite familiar with the gameplay where you can move the characters around the arena unlike Mortal Kombat who use to use this concept back in the PlayStation 2 era and then went back to their 2D fighting format upon which I have no problem in terms of which I play fighting games on and I think with some of their new techniques they use in the game it really does branch out the different ways in how you want to get better at in terms of fighting games. I still love the 2010 Tekken film just because it has that B-movie cliché of trying to recreate Gladiator moreover is just entertainingly dumb as well, so now that I've played this game I do see why everyone loves the Tekken series and deep down I can say I would most certainly loving the world of Tekken, and really playing this how to make this into a better adaption in my head, I got to say I would transition it more into a TV series and just focus it solely on just the three characters of Heihachi Mishima, Kazuya Mishima and Jin Kazama and blend it mostly as an epic Bruce Lee or any Kung Fu film with a mixture of the Coen Brothers so you can still have weird comedic relief. As a stand-alone game, I would highly recommend playing Tekken 8, furthermore now that I've tried something different would I'd want to play the latest Street Fighter games? Short answer no, just because I grew up with the old school Street Fighter and prefer not to play those games.
     
                                      
                                   
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment