Thursday, March 28, 2024

Easter Recommendations: The Chosen Seasons 3 & 4

 













                                     You remember the metaphor or saying where you read the book backwards you understand the ending more than the book itself or well, deep down I hope you’re getting what I'm trying to say. Either way that's kind of the way I approached season's four and three of the Greatest Christian show of all time The Chosen. It really started in a way I didn't want but I was glad, I was able to experience it because that some marketing genius brewing in creator Dallas Jenkins head that's amazing but most importantly something that I would never have thought up in a million years.
                                     Season's three and four of the Chosen starts off where everyone goes back to their normal day lives where Jesus meets the twelfth and final apposite in Judas moreover setting things right in Decapolis where 5,000 people meet to see Jesus. Although through the course of Season four things begin to change where doubt and time becomes a prime factor in Jesus's group, where we begin to realize that the Lord and Savior's time is soon coming to an end.
                                     So, this is kind of a funny story for which explains the metaphor or saying about reading a book from the end to the beginning. I was around February or probably the beginning of month, aka Ash Wednesday I just finished re-watching seasons one and two of the Chosen and I was just taking a tiny break from binge watching the show, and that was the time when season four of the Chosen was coming to theaters and my Mom was urging me to go see it to experience it in the movie theater and I told my Mom I still haven't seen seasons three yet I don't want any spoilers but my Mom urged me to go with her to see it in the theaters till I was like "okay mommy don't hurt me", that was a joke my Mom would never do that so hopefully my Mom gets a chuckle out of that. And I'm not complaining in watching seasons four first then three because in all honesty I was glad to experience the Chosen in the big screen because it's more of a good way to get out of the house and see something worth watching because let's be brutally honest when it comes to Hollywood there absolutely nothing worth watching in the theaters, sorry not sorry but it's the absolute truth. Moreover, props to Dallas Jenkins for introducing a show into the theaters because deep down each of the seasons are like in hour to maybe two hours film where you can watch and wait for the next episodes but also show a great success that even a show like the Chosen can most certainly be triumphant in movie theaters. For seasons three and four of the Chosen of course every actor from Johnathan Roumie to Elizabeth Tabish they all bring they're A game, even actors Shahar Isaac and Paras Patel who play Simon Peter and Matthew who each of them does superb job portraying there characters it's just outstanding how they were able to bring more struggle and pain when it comes to acting on screen and I would love to go on with telling you my favorite scenes that happen but I really don't want to spoil anything for you when it comes to watching the Chosen. Again there's nothing to say about the cast of course because really they all do such a great job, their roles just speak for itself and the actors I'd love to give a recognition in terms of outstanding performance in the season it would most certainly be Luke Dimyan who plays Judas for many reasons he plays an important role in the show but also is really the most hardest role to portray because with each season that passes his character slowly becomes more doubtful and it takes me back to when Judas first meets Jesus you kind of see that Jesus knows he plays an important role for which he will betray and his role is the most difficult to play and Dimyan does a great job in bringing the betrayer of Christ to life. Lara Silva who plays Simon Peter's wife Eden, steals the entire season three of the Chosen because she goes through a difficult and traumatic experience where there is no way to understand nor a way to even say of how her character felt and yet she stilled believed in Jesus's cause. Kirk B. R. Woller who plays one of the Roman soldier's Gaius, he does a fantastic job as well because his character goes on this journey where being a Roman is a way of life moreover caring for Matthew as well as being sort of a guide to him and through the course of seasons he sees what Jesus is doing in terms of Miracles, knows he's Roman but can't deny what he sees are the truth and Woller does a great job at that. Now, the only reason why I'm cutting my review short is because I really don't want to spoil any details about seasons three and four of the Chosen for many reasons I want you all to sit down and watch this masterpiece of Catholic scripture furthermore I've said it many times on, but the Chosen is a perfect Television show that gets good from every step of the way and when times feel bad and you as a Christian feels lost the Chosen is one of those shows that helps you lean back into God and that's what I love about the show moreover Angel Studio's is a great production company that does not let down when it comes to releasing great material. So, on this Easter Sunday, I hope you all take the time and begin to watch or rediscover the magic behind the Chosen.
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment