Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter Sunday Recommendation: The Chosen Season 2

 





                                       Well, it's Easter Season, the week to spread the good word of our Lord Jesus, and no we're not talking about the Easter Bunny because in my eyes he's not real and if you want to debate me, I'm all ears but right now it's not the time, we got to talk about the greatest religious show of all time. That's right as of right now I've officially watched Season Two of The Chosen where now Jesus assembled his trusted apostils, to spread the word of saving us all from sin. Now before I indulged in Season 2, I had to binge watch Season 1 as well in order to get ahead. Though with its great story and great actors involved what impresses me most is the character development, and the presence of Jesus alone aka Jonathan Roumie.
                                      Season Two continues the story of Jesus and his followers spreading the word of salvation moreover along the way tension building with a lot of speculation being afraid of the truth, but along the way they begin to build a crowd of people wanting to see the miracle worker.
                                      The first season of the Chosen was no doubt a ground breaking success and really one of the greatest Christian themed show ever created, and season two carries on that success along the way, and really what makes the season two great to watch is that you continue the adventures with Jesus played by Jonathan Roumie, moreover the show itself builds more character development between the characters and you see a lot in it, with a great example is the apostle Matthew played by Paras Patel, who through the course of season 1 he like a tax collector meets Sheldon Cooper, and during the course of season 2 we see him open up more in terms of being a good person and showing his flaws, furthermore I love the fact that we first see him in episode 1 of the second season he's grown a full beard and to me it's kind of hilarious because he goes from a tax collector with autism to Ron Swanson furthermore I thought that was funny in my own sense of humor. But it isn't just Matthew. I see a lot of Simon Peter as well who both begin to trust one another even though we see more development with Mary as well in terms of struggling with past trauma. And to be honest there all great ways to tell a story about Jesus and his followers, though I still believe the real center of it all is Jesus himself played by Johnathan Roumie who continues to shine in the title role, and the way he's able to shine on screen especially in moments when the group is arguing and he comes along tired and they feel shamed or and it’s really striking and the sense of hope you feel whenever he comes on screen or his promoting something he is just fantastic whenever he's appears on screen moreover I have to rank Roumie's performance as one of the all-time greatest performers to play Jesus of Nazareth. Now, I'm going to shorten this review mainly because it's a great Catholic show, but more importantly I don't want to spoil anymore details, though this no doubt is one of the greatest if not the best catholic shows I've ever seen, which of course is The Chosen for many reasons it's one of these shows where you literally relate to these characters with their personal struggles and hard times, and really it’s easier to point out despite where living in a sh**ty government world, and Israel is living in a Roman law but deep down it's there when you watch the show. Moreover I also look back at times when I watch like mediocre catholic cartoons or movies in general I sometimes feel bored and just want to leave mainly because I don't relate to it that much, though I may have to watch Prince of Egypt one day, that's going to be on my radar for next April but another great Christian movie I loved was the 2016 version of Ben-Hur where you finally see Jesus's face furthermore it has an important message to the whole story for which I can relate to, even more than the Charlton Heston version of Ben-Hur. So, without a doubt for the Easter season I would highly recommend watching this show from season one to season two mainly because it's fantastic and has a great ensemble cast that makes you believe there the Chosen.
     
                                         
  

No comments:

Post a Comment