Monday, September 19, 2022

September Recommendation: The Princess

 













                                      I'm aware that this film came out about two months ago but granted when I saw the trailer for this movie (which is on Hulu as seen on the poster) I kind of looked at this film as nothing special, nor anything exciting. Unfortunately, it was a night where I couldn't find a movie to watch, though I did find an original Solaris film that was re-made by George Clooney a long time ago, sadly though it was all spoken in Russian, and I really didn't have the strength nor energy to watch it full so luckily The Princess won for a chance to exceed my low expectations. Even though that this was something of a mindless action film, I honestly did not expect the way it was going, and the way it was constructed moreover the way it was in terms of length of the film that's when I was thinking to myself that we have a winner for the best mindless action film of 2022 and worthy of my recommendation for the month of September.
                                      The Princess is a 2022 American period action film directed by Le-Van Kiet. The film stars Joey King, Dominic Cooper, Olga Kurylenko, and Veronica Ngo. The Princess was released as an original Hulu film, July 1 of 2022.
                                       Now, I'll say before I really had no interest in wanting to watch this movie the day it came out for many reasons that first seeing the trailer it looked like a predictable mindless action film where I can tell where it obviously was going to turn out. So, while watching the first act of the film I slowly begin to realize why this film is awesome, see the first part of the movie the Princess is locked away she wakes up noticing she's in chains then begins to realize that her father's kingdom is taken hostage. That's when the light bulb popped on top of my head and realized that this is a DIE HARD! That's right they literally combined one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time with a period piece, for which I have to give props to writers Ben Lustig and Jake Thornton for combining these two ingenious ideas, moreover I almost picture them sitting around a couch either watching Game of Thrones on TV during Christmas time, then switching it over to Die Hard then maybe watching the 90's Mortal Kombat, they both called each other on the phone and said that we should combine Period piece meets Die Hard, and they both have a mind blown experience and each other say's it's going to be awesome mostly five times and then the other says "wait dude, dude, DUDE!", "we should also incorporate some martial arts fight sequences too", then they both just go full throttle, over joyed on how awesome there idea is turning out to be. What even makes this movie awesome is the fact it doesn't mess around with the storyline it just goes from point A to point B and C very quickly and so this movie lone is a great example of what makes a great mindless action movie is the fact that it's ninety-four minutes long which in real standards that's a perfect length for a typical mindless action film is moreover it also doesn't overstay it's welcome and for a film that's completely and utterly ridiculous, well let's just say that's a perfect length for what it is. The newcomer Joey King does a great job playing the title role, but Dominic Cooper really does in excellent job playing the villain in the movie too, although I'd wish he had a better send off, not as good as Alan Rickman's send off. A side from its many, many flaws The Princess is a perfect B-Action movie of 2022, for a movie that doesn't overstay it's welcome gets straight to the point deserves my recommendation for the month of September. 
         






No comments:

Post a Comment