Saturday, June 11, 2022

I Hate Christian Laettner


 














                                 There are a lot of times in sports you most certainly look at a team or any type of college sports and you point at that type of group and just have a distain for them. Like, just recently my hatred towards the Colorado Avalanche has been spewing lately due to the team knocking out my Blues, with a certain player that will not be named because I at least have dignity. Sure, in NFL football we've always hated Tom Brady winning all the time, I mean who hasn't. Though there comes a time a certain sports documentary kind of in a strange sense reminds you of not always being such a huge hater for the rest of your life. For a good explanation in what I'm trying to talk about, with ESPN merging some of their 30 for 30 specials on Disney+, I figured of all sports documentary's that look promising I figured why not re-watch I Hate Christian Laettner.
                                In truth I never really was big into NCAA Basketball moreover I'm from Nebraska and really the basketball team isn't all that great, best way to explain them they're kind of like the 1980's era Cleveland Baseball team. Though granted there's a lot of Nebraskan natives that are big fans of North Carolina or Duke, or whichever team gets them through the day when it comes to College Basketball. But for me I honestly think of it as more recent superhero films I see the potential; I would never take the joy from everyone who loves them, but I would never consider them amazing films. Now I've never seen Christian Laettner play basketball, in fact I was probably in kindergarten or First Grade by the time he was finishing out his college basketball career, so I can't judge on his actions and I'm sure the guy was a bully so in all honestly, that’s pretty much all I can say really. In all honesty this is hands down a great story about an athlete who really isn't what everyone appears to see an athlete is on the inside, and I got to say re-watching this movie through kind of gave me a wakeup call when it comes to bashing famous athletes, and I've never really went overboard on anyone like Tom Brady for example but I did share some so-called news on Facebook that either could be true or not. So, deep down I think this film is a great wake up call to all of us sports fans about really taking a step back when it comes to hating on an athlete when their exceptionally great.
                    

No comments:

Post a Comment