Thursday, May 20, 2021

May Recommendation: Be Kind Rewind

 













                              There are rare few moments where I can point to a Jack Black movie and go this was awesome. Though sure I love the movie High Fidelity but in all honesty that's technically John Cusack's movie so that really doesn't count in a natural sense. Although I was recommended to watch this movie if I got the chance and sure enough, I don't know whether laugh or vomit. Though surprisingly this was actually pretty good for which receives my May recommendation, and that movie is Be Kind Rewind, a buddy comedy that is in a sort of ways weird at first but very intriguing when it comes to reenacting the movies they do when something bad unexcitingly happens to the VHS movies, but also while watching this amazingly entertaining movie it really felt like going through a nostalgia trip of how amazing your childhood was and what cool ways you can do when it comes to film your personal movie with a VHS camera. So, let's talk about Be Kind Rewind.
                               Acting manager Mike (Mos Def) of the Be Kind Rewind rental store makes in attempt please his boss (Danny Glover) in making sure his friend Jerry (Jack Black) doesn't enter the store. Although, after attempting to sabotage the local power plant Jerry is somewhat become magnetized and erases majority of the VHS movies at Be Kind Rewind. Horrified by what just happened furthermore running out of options Mike decides to use in old VHS camcorder and remake all the movies, for which is some surprises becomes a big success to the store as well.
                               Now before I go any further I would like to tell everyone to never, ever in a million years tries this at home for starters it’s a criminal offense to do what the movie did moreover if your own rental style store has its own movies erased there's no hope for you or your business. Uh, another good term I can throw out would be that your business just died a horrible death. Okay, so all that being said, I have to say that this was one of the most bizarre but yet well fascinating film that I would highly recommend watching even though some of those weird stuff about the power plant I still would recommend watching for many reasons some of the most unique ways they can do with a simple VHS camcorder and I was just at awe especially when they were remaking some of these classic movies, though yes it does look like crap and an intelligent person like me would know that they were making a scam out of this, but deep down I was kind of laughing inside when it comes to some of the customers wanting more to watch. And props to writer/director Michel Gondry who surprisingly I recommend his past film in February Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind for which I admit I completely forgot at this point but hey I can at least say these were two of his best films, though I what I like most about this movie is the he was able to contract some of these unique ways you can do with a old VHS camera I was just shocked and awed at the same time moreover thinking to myself why didn't I think of it especially in way we're the neighborhood along with Mos Def is finally making their own film about  the famous Jazz player they talk about in the film, all of those MacGyver esch-like gadgets they use to make this, old school like silent film I myself thought that was ingenious. So if you're a no-budget filmmaker with no money moreover have a very old camera this would be a movie I would highly recommend watching because look watching movies yes is an important tip in terms of deciding what kind of movies you want to make furthermore this a perfect movie to gain some inspiration in terms of elements or gimmicks of resources you can develop with your own mind and what value of ideas you can make work. I'm not a big fan of Jack Black, but this is one of those films I have to say he does a great job in especially his supporting actors like Mos Def and Danny Glover who both help him out in not just being the solo star of the film, and each of the actors have their grand moment throughout the film and yes I know it does sound weird in say that I have a favorite Jack Black movie, but really it all boils down to whoever is supporting him when he's in a staring range, if it’s one of his friends or any actor/actress that's okay then I'll have some issues. So if your wanting to get a film made but have no money I would highly recommend this film to anyone whose wanting to get his movie fix going because you'll be inspire and hopefully will help you find your way in life. And for those who aren't wanting to get into the film business I still recommend this in the month of May mainly because it's something new and different moreover unique, also it's never a crime to try new and somewhat weird things, though I'm not trying to tell you to watch something that's beyond weird like Mulholland Dr. or Deliverance though I'm just saying I would never want to do that ever. In closing, never be afraid to try new things.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment