Sunday, May 9, 2021

Femme Fatale

 









                      



                                 There are times when I have a random movie night and I think okay what's the worst that can happen, and usually there's a film I found that really not bad and kind of dig this film, but then there's films I find and I just think to myself "what in God’s name did I watch?" Well this is one of those movies I found on HBO Max and was good at first but then you saw the ending that pretty much killed it for you. The film's called Femme Fatale and the best way I can describe this film is mostly a very sexy film noir type thriller. Directed by Brian De Palma the same man who told George Lucas that he didn't understand Star Wars but yet went on to make in overrated movie called Scarface, a decent Mission Impossible in which spawned so many sequels and a terrible movie I remember watching in the theaters called the Black Dahlia. Also starring Antonio Banderas and a very sexy Rebecca Romjin, and to this films credit at least gave her stardom for a certain movie called X-Men. So, without further ado let’s start talking about Femme Fatale.
                              Laurie (Rebecca Romjin), a member of a crime ring, lifts an extravagant set of jewels from a model at a red-carpet event. But instead of splitting the loot with her partners, Laurie flees. While running from the crooks she betrayed, she comes across Lily (also played by Rebecca Romjin), a woman nearly identical to herself. When Lily ends her life, Laurie assumes her identity and starts life anew. But paparazzo Nicolas (Antonio Banderas) has been tracking her and may reveal all her dark secrets.
                              I'll firstly start off in giving some of the more reasonable pros to this film so not to make it look like I hate this film. In all honesty this film as all of the elements of a great sexy thriller esc film noir type film, it has a sexy female trying to outsmart her partner but also doing whatever it takes to keep her identity secret even if it means manipulating people that are getting to close to her life. Moreover I love these kind of thriller type films where female anti-hero's or protagonist use there sexuality's stay ahead of the game or outsmart there enemies I mean come on Bond did that so why can't the ladies do that, and Romjin does a great job in making me believe that also both her and Banderas do great chemistry work both don't like one another but they couldn't resist each other. Moreover, Banderas as well does a good job playing the pawn in this story desperately trying to clear his name when he realizes how bad of a situation, he's in. And see, these are all the great elements into what makes a tremendous story for a film noir type film. But then, along comes to the ending of the film. The ending of the movie was almost like Mulholland Dr. where it was all a dream and it wasn't even real, and it was like everything I thought about this movie was just a lie and all of my expectations just felt really low moreover started to have doubts. And sure I would prefer this movie over Mulholland Dr. but that's kind of an overrated statement because they both have same bizarre twist ending that clearly doesn't make any sense at all, and deep down if you’re going to do a twist ending, just don't because then your clearly turning into M. Night Shyamalan. I mean, for God's sake just leave the twist ending to more experience filmmakers who know how to perfect those crafts like Christopher Nolan or Alfred Hitchcock, at least those men know how to give a story a twist. And so, this film is bad but not all bad, meaning I probably won't watch this film ever again unless there's anything else on although that's of course I ever plan to ever use cable TV and that's a hundred percent doubt. So, I would say, ah screw it I can't take this anymore the more I talk about this movie the more I begin to hate it even more so look whatever do if you ever in a million years find this movie for free just leave it alone because then your face will melt and you'll never experience life ever again. 
         





No comments:

Post a Comment