Monday, September 21, 2020

Tenet














                          Now I have a confession to make I had to travel through time to my first viewing of Christopher Nolan's explosive new film because I was lost, but now that I was able to travel through time in order to pick up the elements I was lost on I have to say that Nolan his another hole in one with his latest science fiction film that blends both the spy genre with a unique twist of time travel. Starting Denzel’s new and ever so talented son John David Washington and I know this sounds crazy when you say this but a new and improved Robert Pattinson, and its true everyone that man has come back to the realm of reality and is now reborn into a new man. And to be honest after watching him in this great film, I'm now excited to watch Pattinson's version of Batman. Okay now let's talk about how every movie Chris Nolan makes is awesome.
                      There are some doors the open the right path and then there are some that don't. In which an unknown CIA agent (John David Washington) is tasked with finding an arms dealer (Kenneth Branagh) who has the way to communicate to the future and bringing back weapons that can invert through time. And yet, time is not the problem when preventing a World War III moreover getting out alive that's, the real problem.
                       Hand's down one of the best films of 2020 though granted there's really three including this great film that came out this year but if I had to make a list it would defiantly be up there in my top three best films of 2020. And yes, you can all look at me as a Christopher Nolan super-fan but let's be real here. Nolan is the only director out there that can come out with a movie that will be amazing and intriguing till the very end. And granted their times you feel lost in the story but that's why there always a second time to watch the movie even if the confusion appears to be small in the end. Furthermore, it's not just Chris Nolan's intriguing idea's that make him amazing but it’s his ability to make the stories fascinating and so when you look at it on screen your amazed of what just happens and what if this can happen in the real world. Moreover, the fact that he uses IMAX camera's really makes the movie amazing because once you take your seat in the theater you begin blown away with everything that's happening around you, and that the kind of experience I always want to have when it comes to an action/suspense film. Also Nolan is the only director out there that is able to push this film out long enough for a theatrical release into your local theater, now if you can't respect a man who cares about pushing his own film to a theater so you can enjoy it on the big screen you are hands down un-American. What also makes this film amazing is that 90% of the film was real, meaning majority of the sets are real, the fight sequences are real even the action sequences/stunts are real as well, and the other thing that makes Nolan's movies great to watch is the fact that he shoots majority of his films in real places and real sets not just some backstage lot in Hollywood with a green screen. He's willing to use, those handy IMAX cameras’ he's able to transport you to those worlds he creates and make you feel like your experiencing these dangerous situations the characters are enduring. I also loved some of the fight sequences mainly because with Nolan's ability to make the sequences real but adding a little visual effects spin to it is cool to see on screen. John David Washington does an amazing job in this film, and it’s not because his fathers are an iconic actor Denzel Washington, although he truly inherited a lot from him. But really when it comes to a dense and complicated movie like this, he truly does in amazing job playing a character that's shrouded in mystery. Robert Pattinson finally emerges out of the shadows of Twilight years and my god the man really shines through out this film and I'm really looking forward to his version of Batman. Now everyone is in talks about is this one of Nolan's greatest or mediocre films and to be honest it’s not really a fair way to describe that parse because when you look at all of Nolan's films, to me their mostly ranked best form 10 to 7 (10 being best 7 being good) now this film alone this was really fun and entertaining to watch from start to finish and personally up there with 1917 and The Invisible Man as one of top three best films of 2020, but there were moments I do have to admit were a little bit confusing at times, though these are minor confusion's because the story itself makes sense to me, just some of the aspects of time travel didn't make sense to me, mainly when you for some reason die but yet come back to life I wasn't quite sure of. But to be honest time travel through cinema has been confusing since Doctor Who debut in 1963. Now will I say were does it rank in Nolan's best I will say this film alone is up there in the top ten best but not so much in the top five best of Christopher Nolan's best. So listen I still consider Christopher Nolan as one of the best and influential filmmakers of this generation sure you can call me out on that but name me a director that always comes out with a movie that doesn't intrigue you or cares about releasing your own film in theaters so we as in audience can enjoy them through this monstrosity of 2020 than sitting at home watching them. So, look, if you have time on your hands and I'm sure you do, I would highly recommend spending your money on this film, and I promise you it will be worth spending. 
    

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment