Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Marvel's Spider-Man 2

 











                                       I FINALLY FINISHED A VIDEOGAME EVERYBODY, I FINALLY FINISHED A VIDEOGAME. That's right everybody even though I'm still burnt out of anything superhero related I finally finished Marvel's Spider-Man 2 on the PlayStation. It's really and strangely kind of a miracle for starters because I started playing the sequel maybe around April and May furthermore just reached the point to finish the entire game just because I didn't have much better things to do and I was catching a bad cold so why not use a weekend to cut a good chunk of the game down, and I'll probably say that the Spider-Man games are most certainly my favorite version of Spider-Man for its unique story and separating itself from the comics and Spider-Man films.
                                       Following the events of the first two Spider-Man games, Kraven the Hunter makes a hunt of the century in New York coming for not just the Spider-Men but all of Spider-Men's adversaries some that are trying to lead a new and improved life. All comes into full circle when Peter Parker's old friend comes calling with a secret that will change everything.
                                        The first two games are most certainly great, and the latest sequel pulls off all expectations as well as the story itself where I feel like every character has that great moments especially when we have a new take on the infamous character of Venom were all his gameplay moves make a lot more sense than the cartoon or Spider-Man 3. As bad as I don't feel and as you've probably known that Venom has been marketed long before the first preview of Spider-Man 2, and if you've haven't played the game or beginning to play the game, I'm most certainly going to be the nice guy and not tell you who becomes Venom. And sure you’re going to be experiencing the typical storyline where Parker becomes evil with the venom suit, which is cool no doubt but I'm not going to lie when he talks to himself all I'm thinking about is Lego Batman in the Lego Movie playing the heavy metal song he created where all he's saying is Darkness, which yes it's funny for me but I kind of wished we have at least cut that storyline out in future Spider-Man stories and have where Parker and Eddie Brock team up together, though I have no clue on how to make that possible but I'm just saying at least one of those ideas would be great right? There's a lot of fun upgrades in the game though a lot of takeaways from the previous games I wished they kept like the fast pass where you see Spider-Man taking the subway's because yes the gliding is fun and new but at times it gets annoying where your gliding and you have to stop because of a arson crime or you have to restart your gliding up in the air and don't get me wrong there minor gripes but I kind of wished we have at least have a fast pace to get all of the side-missions and the story missions done and out of the way. A side from Jedi Survivor, Spider-Man 2 is most certainly one of the best games to play on the PlayStation 5 and most certainly a game I would play repeatedly because it's fun you can explore more parts of New York instead of wasting your money and going to the real New York. Now that I have finished the game it does leave some questions as to what is going to happen in the third instalment of the game following up to this story’s conclusion for which I'm anxious to find out. So, if you have a PlayStation 5 instead of a X-Box then I would highly recommend getting a PlayStation 5 and playing Spider-Man 2. 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment