Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Warrior Queen

 














                                            I had another B-movie night where me and my big brother sat down and watched another weird fantasy film that's on Tubi. Though this was one of these movies that the title is a hundred percent wrong, and granted this isn't the first time because I remember in old sixties film called the Viking Queen which takes place in ancient England where the Romans and Ancient Brits are at war with one another and yet I didn't even see a Viking raider anywhere. Warrior Queen is a bizarre movie about Roman society set in Pompeii where a Warrior Queen is coming to liberate the slaves, though again finding the Warrior Queen was like finding Waldo. 
                                           A visit from the Roman emperor's mistress draws attention from the imminent eruption of Mount Vesuvious. Also, Donald Pleasence is in the movie too.
                                           It's one of the most interesting things to think about, for many reasons I look at the past decade ever since I've been writing me on my blog and yeah there's been so many bad movies over the years, but you slowly forget that there's been so much garbage of bad movies for a long time. Though when it comes to movies like this you're surprised of how much of these low budget movies can get away with so much sleazy-ness and yes this is a movie about ancient Rome and you're going to see a lot of nudity but it feels like they show the whole body of women and men as well, though technically more of the women and half of the men because there's a scene of selling slaves they show more of the female body by hanging them up and displaying them then they show one of the males and they show half of them, which really sounds convenient mainly because your audience is basically dudes who want to see the right kind of naked, but don't want to see other dudes who've you see in the locker rooms 24/7, furthermore I began to remember my mom always telling me be careful on what movies you watch because stuff like this will be graved in the back of your mind, and now at my age I really began to understand that so again yes my mom was right with that wisdom but I'm not going to tell her that. The surprising and yet uh/why aspect of the whole movie was that Donald Pleasence is in this movie, whose most famous for being a Bond villain in the 1967 Bond film, You Only Live Twice and the Halloween films, but also starred in a lot of great films from George Lucas's first film THX-1138 moreover a lot of great war movies like The Great Escape. And sure, the man made a lot of great movies but through the course of his career from the eighties and his final days he just made nothing but crap, moreover my first movie I've seen Pleasence in was Pumaman that appeared on Mystery Science Theater 3000 TV show. Though let’s be honest there's no explanation in all fairness because looking at Pleasence Wikipedia there's no explanation as to why he's doing these horrible films I mean my assumption is that he had a drinking problem and that's why he signed on to these movie's like a crack whore and yet the real reason as to why he died was a heart failure so, either way who knows how he died but other than I'm still going to stick with him have a huge alcohol addiction he couldn't get himself out of. No question, this was the most fascinating movie, not as fascinating as the Room but it somewhat up there although I don't want to go down that rabbit hole yet. Nor will I want to recommend anyone to watch this nor am I going to watch this again, but I have to say, right now I absolutely don't miss booze because after watching this movie I don't want to end up like Donald Pleasence.
 
                                          
                                            




No comments:

Post a Comment