Monday, September 25, 2023

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2


 












                                You know you're getting old when you play a first-person shooter like Call of Duty, and it gets way too realistic to the point where even at the easiest of levels you're having a hard time trying to get through the levels. Now, I know that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 came out years ago, but I just finally got my Playstation 5, and one of the few games I wanted to play on the PS5. And granted I never played much of the first reinvented Modern Warfare, but I slowly began to realize that yes, the whole marketing campaign is to make it more realistic just like real Special Ops films would but honesty it becomes tiring when you're playing the game at easy level and you're still trying to snipe the guy without getting caught.
                                If you haven't played the original Modern Warfare 2 game it's basically the same story line as this game with a lot of betrayals, with a blend of stealth and role-playing game, though working on computers without getting caught.
                                Now I know the advancement in technology is booming and we're at the point where we want to see real life things in video games but here's the thing. Nobody wants to live like the Navy Seals in Zero Dark Thirty or the CIA, and sure it's fun to do some of these stealth modes or crafting smoke bombs as a distraction but when you're making the gameplay mode as realistic as possible you just lose the sole purpose of what your bread, and butter is. And sure I'm speaking like in old man but I'm too old to even want to be a skilled gamer when it comes to playing first person shooter's, what I want for video games to be for me is something where I can relax from a rough day at work where I can just fire my assault rifle at anyone I want, basically going on a fake killing rampage, but when you're trying to have me to stealth mode where I have to spend a good hour or two with no weapons or any suppressors to take out my enemies then I'm about thirty seconds of losing my patience moreover wanting to be done with the game as soon as possible. Now I'm not saying the campaign mode is bad in all moreover I actually had fun playing the game moreover thought it was wise to respect a good portion of the characters like Ghost for example to be a mysterious character and not killed off right away, but what the new Modern Warfare games now are missing are a lot of some of the spec ops modes and survival modes where you have to earn stars and have to survive moreover beat the level furthermore that was one of the few things that made the original modern warfare games fun, now it just feels like you have to be a full fledge shooter when it comes to playing Call of Duty. Now I'm not saying that the game is bad actually I look at it as a good game with some clever stealth and interrogation modes that puts you on the edge of your seat in terms of "oh crap, this is serious so I better know what to say and what not to say", another great example of something new and different is the "Alone" mission where you simply have no guns no knives or anything to defend yourself all you have is Ghost guiding you through the level and you have to craft certain things or explosives to get you through the level, speaking of explosives one of the bombs I do have a problem is one where you have to use a mouse trap and plant the bomb as a way to lure you're enemies which what is the whole point of this device when you're trying to avoid your enemy that's tasked to kill you and the "Alone" mission isn't the only one you have to do in terms of stealth by the end of the game you have to avoid your enemies with the same thing of no guns or knives but you also have to disarm nuclear device, and really those are some interesting ways to make the levels on the edge of your seat, for which I do like despite it might be a while before I come back and play Modern Warfare 2. Although I don't look at Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 as a bad game in fact I thought it was an entertaining game a side with the same characters from the original plus the same storyline idea's, but this latest installment of Call of Duty shows that I'm officially getting old playing these newly realistic first person shooter's and granted I may be playing the next installment in Modern Warfare franchise but it will probably be a while when the price of the game itself goes down. Also, don’t get me started on multiplayer. I refuse to play with kids that play games and are way better than me.
  
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment