Tuesday, May 23, 2023

See How They Run


 












                                   One of those movie nights where I'm hanging around with my mom and dad, they were wanting to watch a movie, and this was one of those rare few times I had to find a movie real quick because they would want to watch something they've probably seen and I really don't feel like it. So, See How They Run came up and I said let's watch this. This was defiantly one of those films that I've heard about via watching the trailer on YouTube, and I thought it was intriguing and so why not give this movie a look at, though my parents where asking me if I'd knew what happens in the end and I'd never told them but this one of the rare few times I was actually telling the truth, because it was my first time watching it.
                                   In 1950's London, plans for a movie version of a smash-hit play come to an abrupt halt after a pivotal member of the crew is murdered. When a world-weary inspector (Sam Rockwell) and an eager rookie constable (Saoirse Ronan) take on the case, they find themselves thrown into a puzzling whodunit within the glamorously sordid world of underground theater, investigating the mysterious homicide at their own peril.
                                   This was no doubt an interesting film from start to finish though this was one of those movies I just felt like this could have been done better and it's one of these things where they provide some interesting, good ideas, but then it just felt like they kind of half a**. Really the core of the movie was Sam Rockwell's performance in the movie, he does a great job playing a down on his luck detective who’s a drunk and must put up with a rookie detective who at times gets on his nerves which I strangely can relate too in all kinds of ways. Ronan on the other hand I kind of felt annoyed by her, mainly yes, she plays a rookie cop lacks experience but there is such a thing of chewing a person’s ass out when it comes to pushing your buttons. I do like the whole chemistry between Adrian Brody and David Oyelowo who each of them play the screenwriter and director of the adaption to Agatha Christie's Mousetrap and each of them argue about how the movie should be made, for which is a great representation I view as each men wanting to make a movie but have different point of views which I liked seeing in the film, though the problem I have was that Brody's story board sequence foreshadowed how the movie ends which is like WTF? Like why they would do such a thing, I mean when it comes to making a movie on a murder mystery you should never give away details. Either way the movie to me was a decent watch from start to finish, I liked the performance from Rockwell, and there were a lot of interesting things they did in terms of a whodunit story, but there were other things I look at and just see that they could of dun a better job or worked on it more. Decent film had no objections of not wanting to see it, I'd recommend it for anyone to watch it and if you love the movie moreover have a different point of view, when it comes to the movie, I won't hold anything against you.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment