Sunday, July 3, 2022

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

 













                                    There are times when you have a bad day or hear some bad news going on in the world there's really and only one man that can come in and save the day for you. That man is Quentin Tarantino, well unfortunately he doesn't come as an individual person, but his movies in general is what saves the day for any individual whose down and depressed about their jobs or lifestyle. And his 9th film is without a doubt a movie that will give you hope and joy as you cease the next day. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a film that in a sense yes is about three hours long but is worth every minute and more importantly Mr. Tarantino goes back in time to alter time where the Mansion Cult finally get their comeuppances. Staring Leo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt in one of the finest performances of a lifetime which is why he won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor. Now having watched this I will defiantly need to have my dad watch this great movie because he's a big fan of Inglorious Bastards. 
                                    Actor Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) gained fame and fortune by staring in 1950's Television Westerns but is now struggling to find meaningful work in a Hollywood that he doesn't recognize anymore. He spends most of his time drinking and palling around with Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt), his easygoing best friend and longtime stunt double. Rick also happens to live next door to Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate (Margot Robbie) -- the filmmaker and budding actress whose futures will forever be altered by members of the Manson Family.
                                    I think the last time I watched this great movie, was probably when the film was released despite the theater, I was going just suffered a bizarre flooding and it also smelled bad at times. In all honesty the movie itself, is a bit of Tarantino repeating himself from the toe fetish, narration and let’s not forget the panning of a beautiful woman oh, I almost forgot altering the timeline of historical events. Though in fairness the film itself comprehends itself was some great moments along with some great storytelling as well, and for a close three-hour long film yeah it takes a long time to make the slow turns but then it gets into high gear during midst of the second and final act of the film. The movie does blend a great story with historical events that happened, but with a blend of poetic justice, and that's where we go ahead and talk about the Manson Family's involvement in the movie because when I first saw the previews of the film of course I was on board to seeing the movie but I had no clue about the murders Charles Manson's followers have done in the year of 1969 for which cause the loss of Sharon Tate whose in the movie, now at that time learning about that I wasn't sure if this was going to be good or not I did have my suspicions now questions about that but when I heard that Sharon Tate's sister loved the movie I was like okay so, its fine to witness at least as long as the sister to the late Sharon Tate loved it. For which leads to all the way back to when I was sitting in the movie theater and realize now I understand why she loved the movie, it was basic poetic justice in the murderers to Sharon Tate getting their comeuppance. Which I'll admit, when I first saw the movie I honestly didn't know what to think of it at first because this was again repeating Inglorious Bastards, but then when I watched it now I suddenly had a change of heart because in fairness what the Manson Cult did was unforgivable so, I think it's time that we had a movie where they suffered the worst possible death by a bunch of awesome actors like Pitt and DiCaprio. Quentin actually does a fantastic job with the story in blending both the times changing with poetic justice, moreover what the story really focuses on is both men who've had high success in Hollywood but soon gets a crash course of reality when the Hollywood soon begins to change and even the don't recognize it anymore, in addition I believe we all can relate to that concept even if you don't live in Hollywood, because I watch movies all the time moreover was born in a time when movies were fun to watch, as well as movie that come out now I find at times unwatchable for many reasons their the same thing and are nothing new, so yeah I wouldn't say I understand it from a filmmaker or actor's perspective but can relate to it in a different angle. If I had to pick an actor who really was the best part of the whole was no question Brad Pitt, I mean that whole character that he created along with Quentin Tarantino was just pure awesome especially in one of the scenes where I was fearing for my life because almost thought he was going to die but was okay in the end though he punches a hippie, for which you can't beat that. I will say for a guy in his mid-fifties I have to say he does a great job making himself look good shirtless, I mean watching him on screen I almost forgot that this man is on the brink of oldness though to be fair that's not stopping this guy. Margot Robbie does a great job playing the late Sharon Tate, although despite very little of screen time she as I will always dig her sixties dancing. I think if there is any life lessons Quentin Tarantino has ever taught me not to do when it comes to his movies, it's always never pick up any hippie chicks and Margaret Qualley's performance as one of the Manson girls just gave me enough evidence to just say no, though not to judge but I mean when you pick up a hippie chick that hasn't showered for days moreover have armpit hair maybe haven't brushed their teeth, then I'm just going to hit the gas pedal and drive as fast as I can, because the answer to life is always say no to drugs. Even though the film is three hours long with some stuff they could have cut out, I can still say that the film is always a great one to put on and watch from start to finish, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is defiantly one of those films, I would rank in the top ten of movies that can put you in a good mood.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment