Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Easter Sunday Recommendation: The Chosen Season 1


 











                                I decided to spice things up a little for the month of April, which is the special day for Catholics, Easter Sunday the resurrections of our savior Jesus of Nazareth, and no this has nothing to do with the Easter Bunny because as we all know he's not a real thing only Jesus matters most. My mother has been dying me to watch this biblical show for quite some time and really when it comes to the month of April it’s in a strange sense hard to find any movies or shows based on faith when it comes to finding the right ones. So why not watch a show my mom has been begging me to watch at a perfect month. And so, to sum it up in the best sentences possible this is hands down the GOAT of all things biblical when it comes to movies and shows. Where, the Chosen has come from is in both strange and fairness as some come to see as both an independent studio's as far as I can describe, basically creator Dallas Jenkins stated in his own words about studio's "whoever owns the gold makes the golden rules", now I'm just sugar coating on how I've heard it but his way of financing this show in the best description, the show is financed via crowdfunding; the show is free to watch and viewers are asked to "pay it forward" by contributing whatever amount they wish to fund future seasons, and contributors may receive perks such as an extra in the film. As of 2021, viewers had contributed $40 million towards its production, making it by far the most successful crowdfunded entertainment project. So, lets dive deep into what I consider the GOAT of all thing’s biblical media. 
                               To sum it up the show is about the life of Jesus Christ introduces Jesus and the calling of his initial disciples, with a discussion after each episode.
                               Now I'll admit I had my doubts, but in all fairness there are a rare few of movies and television that really have the pure magic in terms of Christianity and storytelling, but what makes this show amazing and beautiful to watch at the same time is that it imbodies both real life problems of acceptance and knowing you’re not alone in the world, and all of the characters from Mary, Matthew and Simon I automatically relate to these characters once the camera focuses on them once their story come to importance. A lot of the ensembled cast where actors that have given up acting when it came to Hollywood so there are some of the actors that were in some movies or shows, though we all just didn't look hard enough but the one actor who plays Nicodemus, Erick Avari I actually did recognized from the 1999 Mummy film for which I was impressed myself, though with all of these actors I have to say Jenkins did a fantastic job in finding them. Furthermore, I will talk about Jesus and Nicodemus, but I going to talk more about the actors who I found more to be relatable in my eyes. Starting with Elizabeth Tabish who does a fantastic job as Mary Magdalene for many reasons when I first watched the first episode some time back she was the first to actually have me see the true potential behind this show, because she first starts off as a lost soul whose been possessed by inner demons until the stranger who I began to realize is Jesus comes into her life and gives her a new purpose, the actor Paras Patel does a great job as well playing Matthew who starts off as a tax collector, whose also an outsider to a lot of the people in Israel and especially his own family but is also autistic as well but what makes his performance great to me is that yes he's in outsider that no one likes, especially when he's celebrating a Holiday all by himself with a dog he found and befriends, but once he witnesses the miracles he begin to question his own surroundings he decides to take a step into a different light. Now the one character and actor I was moved by the most was Shahar Isaac's performance as Simon, because his journey starts off with being a struggling fisherman who's behind debts and frequently gambles and fights but when he's in over his head with the Romans and must pay up full or go to prison he is so distraught that he questions his own God but in his hour of need he sees Jesus for the first time and asks him to do one last fishing line and well I'll let your imagination speak for itself because then he breaks down emotionally and it really moved me because I sometimes feel like Simon in my own life where nothing is going my way and when some mysterious miracle happens its, well let’s just say Shahar Isaac's performance in the show is really moving to me and very special. Erick Avari does a great job playing Nicodemus who isn't at all offended as a Rabbi but is interested in Jesus's teachings but is also torn between two worlds one of which his own personal life and the other where he wants to go with Jesus to learn more. Now this show is defiantly the GOAT of Biblical shows but Jonathan Roumie is the GOAT, when it comes to any actor to portray Jesus of Nazareth, because most actors always portray him as a silent figure with no personality though I do love Rodrigo Santoro's portrayal in the 2016 Ben-Hur but what makes Roumie's performance amazing is that he's really down to earth and fun and loving but also more loving and caring in ways I can't describe, other than once I saw him when he makes his first appearance I was just blown away moreover felt like I was like a deer when the headlights were coming into my way, and in all honesty Roumie's performance is so powerful and moving that he really steals the spotlight in this show and that's what I love about him. This show is free on a app where you can watch it for free and pay it forward, but in closing this is of course saying this again, the GOAT of all things Biblical in media so for this Easter Sunday if you haven't seen this amazing show I would highly recommend watching this with your family.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment