Monday, November 16, 2020

The Borgias

 





                   Loved the Godfather's one and two? Well I have a show that's kind of that same concept, during my quarentine I had to find a show I could at least binge on for the remainder of the two weeks, so ruckly The Borgias got my attention and holy crap my mind is somewhat blown in realizing how terrible human beings this family once was. Now for those who've never heard of the Borgias here is a short history about this notorious family. Rodrigo Borgia became the latest Pope during the Italian Renaissance, majority of the Italian families didn't except the Pope despite the fact that his family were originally from Spain, so like any other family would do The Pope along with his sons will do whatever it takes to stay in power which lead to three seasons of the show and unfortunately ended with in unfinished ending, but well get to that in a little while in the meantime let's talk about The Borgias.
                  After Pope Innocent VIII died, Rodrigo Borgia (Jeromy Irons) becomes the new Pope of Rome, regrettably not everyone in the Vatican including noble families of Italy approve of the newly elected Pope. Along with the help of Cesare (Francois Arnaud) and Lucrezia (Holly Grainger), The Borgia family will do whatever it takes to survive even at the cost of their own soul.
                  I know I'm probably repeating myself when I say this but the best way I compare this show is a 15th century version of the Godfather, though technically the way I heard it, was that the Borgias were an inspiration to Mario Puzo's The Godfather, although I would say the Borgias are bigger terrible people than the Corleone family. Now this show is intriguing even though it last for three seasons with no conclusive ending. But honestly if it has anything to do with history that I have never been told about furthermore can admit that I don't remember those history lessons or probably haven't paid attention for which is a better explanation. I'm going to watch this, moreover this really opened my eyes how notorious and how awful majority of the Vatican Cardinals and bishops were in the Renaissance time, and as a Catholic myself I was shocked to see that on the small screen. Now keep in mind when I tell you this that this show is available on Netflix but this isn't suitable for kids nor under the age of seventeen, now don't get me wrong I'm all for sex scenes but this show I feel is a bit way to comedic in some ways give you one great example the family has their youngest son married off and he's no older than a toddler but yet he gets married to Emmanuelle Chirqui who surprisingly makes a cameo in the first season and she's older enough to be a hot teacher whose married to her first grade student. And it isn't just that but there are numerous times where either Pope Alexander and Cesare don't think at all with their brains and they just let their balls do the thinking for them, and we all know that's never a good thing to do ever, mainly because through the course of the show it just backfires at them and I feel like, these people are so horrible they make the gang from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia look like Saints. Now granted I will give Pope Alexander VI some credit because Rome wasn't a rich and infamous as people thought it was after the fall of the Roman Empire, and he at least realized that it needs to be as big and successful as ever, to where most of the Cardinals haven't seen. Jeromy Irons is one of those underappreciative actors that should at least give some credit in making this show plausible for the years this show was active, moreover does a great job playing a ruthless leader and a sort of humble father to these unknown actors, we call as his fictional children. So, if you’re a history buff like me and have nothing better to do because were still in a miserable year because our government or the world is run my brainless morons then I would defiantly take the time in watch this show.
 
                        

                       

No comments:

Post a Comment