Sunday, August 23, 2020

The Last Dance










                       I know I'm way late in terms of reviewing this grand documentary but to be honest I don't necessarily like people talking about certain documentaries about a certain team that I grew up on loved as a kid also let’s not forget people talking about spoilers so in my defense all I can personally say is, SORRY NOT SORRY. Now that's taken care of, I can honestly say that this is hands down one of the greatest sports documentaries I've ever seen to date, which is weird because in a disastrous year like this at least they can release a well-crafted documentary like this one. I was born in the last month of 1986, so the one basketball player I grew up admiring was the one and only, the GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME, Michael Jordan and the 90's Chicago Bulls though sure people well have their honest opinions, though the problem is I didn't grew up with Magic Johnson or Larry Bird and no not Lebron James because he couldn't do the things Michael could do. So anyway, let’s talk about the greatest basketball team of all time.
                       Set after winning the 1997 NBA finals, the Bulls organization decide to make some changes with the players, furthermore replace Phil Jackson. Knowing that this maybe the last time they ever play together as a team Phil makes this 97-98 season their last dance in hopes of bringing back another championship. Along the way the series itself goes back in forth on how players like Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman became to be.
                      Now I'll say this again, I've seen a lot of sports documentaries most notably the 30 for 30 films ESPN comes out with but this really shows the legend and deception moreover the emotion of what is The Last Dance. What even makes this series so amazing is they aren't afraid to show the drama and tension of what happen behind the basketball court, furthermore shows the true antagonist of Jerry Krause, bringing down the Bulls dynasty and I'm just laying my two cents here but anyone who thinks organizations win championships should be kind in the nuts, though unfortunately the man died some time ago so tough luck I guess. But what makes this series truly amazing they show the true greatness of MJ's performance on the court and his drive to be the greatest of them all, now to all NBA fans now I would strongly suggest watching this because this series alone proves why Jordan is still the greatest of the all, and no it has nothing to do with him winning six titles but it was the man’s clutch, the ability of being able to do something magical at the last second of the game and make it happen. And most importantly his own sense of people believing he cannot do something but have the drive to prove those doubters wrong, and to me that's what makes him the greatest basketball player furthermore the only one to this date can never in a million years be matched with any modern-day player. But it's also not just MJ alone it the cast of characters that supported him throughout his entire career, meaning you had guys like Jordan's number two man Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, furthermore one of the greatest defensive players ever Dennis Rodman, though let's guys like John Paxon and Steve Kerr who also played in important part in the Bulls Dynasty. Phil Jackson another example, I especially love the fact that they acquired his story on how he started out with the New York Knicks to coaching out in Central America, moreover convincing Michael to rely on his teammates more in order to conquer a championship. Now I have to stop myself mainly because I may and will go for a twenty page essay on how amazing and how big of in impact the 90's Bulls made on my childhood but for right now this amazing docu-series already out on Netflix so if you want relive the great memories of the outstanding 90's Chicago Bulls team I would highly recommend checking this out right now. 
                       
                           

No comments:

Post a Comment