Monday, May 11, 2020

Upload


 






                        My cold heartless brother told me to get this done. But I said I accidentally shoot myself in the leg with a rock while using the mower,
He looked at me with his cold eyes and said: “Well both your hands work”.
So here I am having just watched Greg Daniels’s new show Upload.
Before we move on Greg Daniels the guy who brought you the Office, Parks and Recreation,and he worked on the Simpsons when it was funny.  So instead of watching 6 hours a day of the history channel, I took the time to watch Upload and it is awesome.  Yes, you heard me it’s not just a Syfy show it’s a murder mystery
it has an interesting take on the afterlife cool dance numbers and if you don’t buy that it’s also funny.
                         Robbie Amell plays Nathan a computer programmer and a little bit of a man child.
Nathan lives in a world where you can buy your afterlife and upload yourself to the internet.
When he has a car wreck Ingrid convinces him to upload this is where the fun begins.
I know what you’re saying this doesn’t sound like any type of a remake from the 1980s or 90s.
You would be right. It’s also not a comic book that was written by Allan Moore, don’t stop reading just yet.
With the End of the world upon us, we can afford are selfies to take chances on new and exciting things.
Plus, and with good storytelling, its only 30 mins an episode and that’s only a 3-hour run time so there you go.
Ok back on the subject this has a lot of wonderful actors here that i am sure you will see more off
Andy Allo plays Nathans guide or angel Zainab Johnson plays Andy best friend and
she is funny every scene she is in.  But hats off to Robbie Amell who plays a playboy man-baby with a heart of gold, he pulls Nathans charter arc off extremely well. Now I have jumped off the subject for just a few sentences.  I have an 11-year-old nephew and sometimes you get stuck watching kid shows and every now and then you see an actor who breakthrough.  This gives the revelation that Robbie Amell is my favorite Fred Jones in Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins, so take that Freddie Prinze Jr.
                          Okay, so to wrap this up I know trying new things is scary but you probably have an amazon prime account so you can survive the end of the world and if you don’t is two-day shipping come on people. Well with this subscription also get some entertainment so add the app on your phone and enjoy it.  Also, send the kids to bed you probably must be around 18.  You don’t want your kid thinking heaven is in the internet. So unlike extraction Upload gets 4 stars or thumbs up.


No comments:

Post a Comment