Thursday, April 16, 2020

Movies I haven't seen in a While: Resident Evil: Apocalypse











                   I'm trying something new for this mad house of a year, re-watching movies I haven't seen in quite some time. Now with movie I know it's a little too soon with what is happening in the world today. But if there was any film, I need to look back on its the Resident Evil sequels furthermore talk about the one that started this unnecessary saga. Now don't get me wrong I like the first film despite its humongous false and people never seeing a zombie movie before, I mean if this is set in the real world don't people have lives in which they've seen any of George Romero's films. Anyway, I was a young teen in my junior high years, and I thought the early Resident Evil movies were awesome, but now I kind of need to re-look at some movies I was obsessed with in my high school years.
                Set after the events of the first movie, the idiots of Umbrella Corporation also known as the worst people you should trust. Decided to see what went on down in the Hive, again worst Corporation ever to trust specially when they let all the infected zombies and bio-hazard monster loose. Now the infection is spreading faster, Umbrella seals everyone off and leave them for dead. AGAIN, NEVER TRUST A CORPORATION THAT'S DESTROYING THE WORLD. So now a group of survivors led by Alice (Milia Jovovich) who somehow has super powers with the T-Virus, are on a mission with the help of the original creator of the T-Virus (Jarred Harris) whose daughter is trapped and Alice plus the others need to rescue her before Umbrella goes all Chernobyl on the city. Again, if Umbrella existed in the Cold War era, we'd all be screwed.
                Now when I was a young teenager this was, I consider an amazing film and just blew my mind and that's basically what Resident Evil did for me I really believed that women can really pull off action movies instead of being the damsel in distress. And don't get me wrong the first movie was and always ridiculous, but at least that movie followed elements of the game. But with this sequel when you combine women doing mindless action plus using kung-fu martial arts on slow moving zombies, you’re not really doing anything new you’re just following in the footsteps of Stallone and Arnold and they can tell you scouts honor that some of their mindless action films like Commando and Judge Dredd was a terrible decision they made in their lives, though having to pay the bills is always the option but doesn't clean the lack of respect. What I don't quite understand is people's ability to not know what a zombie is, like if this is set in the real world wouldn't any normal person be able to have witness any of George Romero's movies, moreover if you see a person that doesn't look right or is walking funny or is making mindless growls then that's what we like to call a mindless zombie, and I'm sorry but using that kind of dialogue with today is not right at all. I mean if Paul W.S. Anderson was trying to take this seriously or taking the Uwe Boll route and being just supper lazy. Speaking of being lazy when we see action sequences we're all of the police forces are continuing to waste their bullets at the zombies and not having the slightest though of running, that alone is just hard to watch because me as an adult is screaming in my mind say why aren't these people running I mean for the love of God do people not know what the zombie apocalypse, if you’re in that world that means it every man for himself can't worry about taking out a horde of zombies unless you have explosives so then you can take them out. Even director Alexander Witt makes a small cameo as a sniper whose about to kill the survivors and really if I was in his mind, I would have said time to end this terrible movie, until Milia goes all Dikembe Mutombo on him, saying "not in my house", then running down on that stupid sequence. Now if I had a time machine I would go back to my junior high years and slap myself around and tell my teenager me to rethink your life and not pursue loving the Resident Evil movies. Though before closing it was nice to see Sir Jorah Moremont, aka Ian Glein making an appearance in the movie though it's a shame he needed the money to come back. So, in closing if you feel offended that I attacked this movie please tell me so I can ask you when the last time was, you saw this film.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment