Thursday, April 30, 2020

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge










                        You know you got your Mortal Kombat gameplay going when you've just witness an awesome yet enjoyable Mortal Kombat film. And know I'm not talking about the original 90s film nor the TV series Mortal Kombat Conquest (which now I kind of want to re-watch that series). Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge focuses around your favorite demon ninja Scorpian along with Liu Kang, Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade for which takes place around the very first Mortal Kombat story-line where four characters take a journey through choices and fate brings them together to fight the forces of evil. Now I'm a big Mortal Kombat junkie I love the video games through the PS2 versions through the latest Mortal Kombat and even the Moral Kombat arcade collection on the PS3. And I will go in debate and say that Mortal Kombat is a hundred times better than Street fighter, so if you love Mortal Kombat than you'll love this latest animated film. And let's not forget Soup legend Joel McHale is the voice of Johnny Cage, now not physically right for the role but voice wise I'd by that.
                      Mostly focuses around the three Earthrealm warriors Liu Kang, Cage and Sonya Blade. But, gives the origin story to Scorpian. After witnessing the massacre of his clan, horrified by the death of his wife and child by the hands of Sub-Zero. Hanzo Hasashi goes through hell to give a chance to seek his revenge unfortunately he gets his opportunity with the help of Quan Chi, he is granted new life and a new name Scorpian. Along with the other warriors Liu Kang Cage and Blade, they both begin to realize that this tournament they are fighting for, is real a fight for the fate of the world. With Scorpion concerned about his vengeance he must chose whether to continue his quest for blood live in the future and fight for the sake of humanity.
                      Now I will say this till the day I die that Mortal Kombat is one of the greatest video game series ever created by human hands and I will even say a hundred times better than Street Fighter so if your a huge street fighter fan furthermore offended by what I just said then feel free to express your opinion. Now that being said I still enjoyed the movie from start to finish and yet I still have some major issues about the movie, what I loved about the movie is that there's so much gore and blood in the movie that you definitely could not see in a live action film and the animators did a fantastic job in staying true to that source, what I also love about the movie is the fact that it's not just Scorpion's origin story that gives credit but it also gives credit to the earthrealm warriors back story as well for example Sonya who we see go through her hole life being bullied and abused in the army, because she's a woman furthermore we see her drive to succeed, rather than just being a woman consumed with vengeance or non trust to others. The major problem I have with the movie is the portrayal of Johnny Cage and yes he's suppose to be this egotistical actor whose all about himself but with this movie he's just way to dumb and I myself found that a terrible idea and no offense to Joel McHale's performance because he did a good job playing the egotistical part of Cage but I kind of wanted to see a different version of him that I've never seen. The other thing I didn't like about was the ending to the film and don't worry I'm not spoil anything but there were just some moments but the fact that there no huge battle involved just Scorpian's is kind of a let down to be honest almost like Kitana just being in five minutes of the film and then disappears with out a trace. Now that being said I really enjoyed the movie had a blast with it since hell I'm no back to playing Mortal Kombat again so obviously this movie was fun, so if your a huge fan of the MK games than you have a blast with this animated film.
       


No comments:

Post a Comment